A Best Friend.

Today, I need to give a little shout out to one of my best friends- Zac Velarde.

You see, at the time this picture was taken, Zac and I were almost and practically dating. At the time that I'm writing this, we're no longer dating, but we're still best friends. Sometimes we won't talk for months and then I'll need some good, solid advice on boys, and I immediately text Zac- my ex-boyfriend. Funny, isn't it?

Recently, I've been in need of a lot of advice from him, and he has been incredibly willing to help me out, calm me down, and make me realize that it's not the end of the world or make me realize that I'm not imagining things when I think someone is into me. Thanks, Zac, you're a true friend.

Anyway. People always wonder at how and why I'm still friends with all of my ex-boyfriends. I usually say, "I dunno... I just am. It was just easier..." but when I really think about it, I realize that I would be a total dumbo not to keep the boys I've dated as close friends. They know me better than a lot of my friends and some might even know me better than my closest girlfriends. They understand why I'm crazy and in what ways I'm crazy, and they care about me enough to stick around. I guess I've always been lucky to break up in a way that is easy for both of us and keeps our friendship and closeness intact. I'm really so grateful for that.

So today, I just want to say thank you to Zac Velarde. Heavens knows I'd be a crazy-head if I didn't have him to calm me down these past few days.

Love you, friend!

Love always,
Ems

No comments: