California has my Heart.

As you probably know, we went to California over President's Day Weekend. I've always known that California has a hold on my heart, but with our escape vacation, I was reminded of how tight that hold is. What's not to love about California? I contest that there are very few things.

Anyway, we spent the majority of our time at Knott's Berry Farm, but were lucky enough to squeeze in some beach time, some movie time, and lots of memory making time. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends that make a nine hour drive seem like nothing.

It's also a good feeling knowing that you're all such good friends that any subject matter is fair game. Our conversations were incredibly varied which meant that there was never a dull moment together.

To me, this trip just epitomized college. What better way to make lasting memories than a total of about 24 hours in the car, 12 hours at an amusement park, and jumping into the freezing Pacific Ocean? Heavens know that the miles of homework we left behind could never create the same memories.

Thank you, Wright family, for living near LA and allowing us to stay at your house as we made such great memories.

And thank you, America, for having a holiday called President's Day.



Love always,
Ems

1 comment:

Justiene Garcia said...

I live in Southern California and I agree! It is just an amazing place :)