Taunting Me...

Yesterday, I'm driving home, enjoying my 102.5 KNIX country music, right? Right. Singing along, loving it, when all the sudden a song comes on........


"And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime"


I almost started to cry. REALLY KNIX?! DO YOU THINK IT'S SUMMERTIME?! No, this is what it is.

 Winter. Am I wearing my swimsuit and basking in the sunlight and heat?! No. Instead, I'm sitting here, driving home from SCHOOL in a JACKET. Hi, it's freezing here!{well, Arizona equivalent to freezing which is anything under seventy} I was upset at KNIX so I changed my music to listen to my Weepies cd. {Very fitting since I wanted to weep... haha. I'm so puny}

Rant done.

But can I just tell you how much I adore summer? 

Being an Arizona girl, it's a whole heck of a lot more than most people! Give me a pool, some 100 degree weather, a book, and my tunes, and I'm content for the rest of my life. Yes, the cold has the cuddle advantages and the warm bundle up advantages but it's not that fun when all you own is summer cloths and some coats..... And summer, just has that romantic mood about it. You're out of school, you can have a summer love and run wild with him, you can be a little bit rebellious, and there's no cares! 

I want it to be summer..... Please come faster. And now I really really want a summer love.... that just sounds wonderful. Please, someone volunteer. {and by someone, I mean a boy :)}

Love Always,
Ems



2 comments:

Kaylie said...

I'm with you on that!

Haylee said...

Oh my, completely agree! I'm soo over all of this Utah snow.