The Famdam.

Today, I am missing Mesa. More specifically, I am missing these people...

 My Family. 
 My Brother in Scotland.
And... my second family, the Davis family. 

I'm not usually one to get home sick, but every now and then I do; tonight is one of those nights. Here's the thing, there is no one on Earth that I love more than those 15 people. My family, first off, is a chaos waiting to happen, but they're my chaos. I miss being kids and going to California. I miss having everyone home and hearing the pounding drums from Caleb, the rocking guitar from Seth, and the amateur piano from Josh-- all at the same time. I miss sleeping out on the tramp with my little brother and being licked by our dogs as we laid there talking. I miss coming home at 12:30 a.m. and walking into the kitchen to see my dad eating ice cream waiting to talk to me. I miss hearing my mom walk out the door every day at 5 am to go to the gym, and then having her come home and share the latest and greatest news with me. And the smell after school when my mom has been cleaning all day... heavenly.

I miss Caleb a lot. Although I don't write him like I should, I see his picture every day and I just look at it and miss him. Having a brother out on a mission is hard, but I'm so thankful he's there. I can't wait to see him, and really am sad that I'll miss the whole airport scene in Mesa because I'll be in Orlando. But he's coming to visit me, and I cannot wait to spend some time with him in Disney world. He is an amazing brother, and really my best friend. I can't wait for next fall when we're both at BYU together, and I hope we'll be able to have some amazing memories, I know we will. 

Then I have the Davis family, who is seriously my second family. How many times have I gone on road trips with them and Shan and Morgan have hopped in our motorhome for a trip to Cali? How many nights have I spent at their house on an air mattress in the front room? It's way too may to count. But every single memory with them is the one of my favorite. 

Here's the thing, family is the most important thing to me. I love them so much, that sometimes, I just don't even know what to do about it. I'm so glad that I have some family here so that I don't get too homesick, but still, I miss being able to hear my dad walk in the door as my mom and I are cooking dinner and watching Oprah. Just little things like that. Little things that when I reflect on them, I'm not so sure I want to be grown up and out of the house. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't. College is fun, but home is better. 

Love always, 
Ems

p.s. you should all read this post. It's amazing.



No comments: