Happy Day, All is Well!

Happy Pioneer day, folks! I'm actually super sad that I'm not in Utah celebrating, but I made sure we had a family home evening lesson on pioneers so that we could have a mini commemoration. 

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I am so grateful for the early pioneers who had the faith and courage to leave behind all their worldly possessions and move out west. They endured so much so that we could practice our religion freely without the persecution of mobs, and that is the greatest blessing I could ask for. I will forever be indebted to my ancestors for taking the trek. Indeed, it is a happy day, where all is well.

"Let us never forget the faith of our fathers and the selfless sacrifice of our mothers, those pioneering Saints who set such an inspiring example of obedience. Let us remember them as we strive to be valiant servants in our work to 'invite all to come unto Christ' (D&C 20:59) and 'be perfected in him' (Moroni 10:32)."
 -Joseph B. Wirthlin 

Love always, 
Ems

No comments: