Poetry


New Every Morning

Every day is a fresh beginning,
Listen my soul to the glad refrain.
And, spite of old sorrows
And older sinning,
Troubles forecasted
And possible pain,
Take heart with the day and begin again.
 -Susan Coolidge

------

Over the break I bought a fabulous book: Poem a Day by Karen McCosker & Nicholas Albery.
As I've  read a poem each night, I've begun to feel so inspired,
so uplifted, and so connected to the world.
I've always loved poetry-my dad instilled in me a great love for it- 
but as I've grown, I seem to love it more and more. 

Poetry reminds me that I am not alone in this sojourn of life.
Poetry expresses the thoughts are feelings that so often seem 
trapped inside my brain. 
Poetry is a companion to life that  I feel should never be neglected. 

I especially love this poem by Susan Coolidge. 
It's so incredibly simple, yet it hits the nail right on the head. 
Every day is a new beginning, a new future 
and we should face it with a full heart. 

This will be the first poem I memorize in 2013. 

Love always, 
Ems

No comments: