Sunday Thought


"I remember a time when I was desperate for guidance on a crucial decision. I had fasted and prayed and been to the temple, but the answer wasn't clear. In frustration I told a friend that I just couldn't get an answer. He responded, simply: "Have you asked the Lord to teach you how He communicates with you?" I hadn't, so I began to pray daily that He would.

Not long thereafter, while reading about Nephi building the ship, I couldn't help but notice how clearly he understood the Lord's instructions. With that, I began to hunt for scriptural evidences of direct communication between God and man. At each one I made a little red x in the margin of my scriptures. Now, many years later, my scriptures are littered with little red x's, each an indication that the Lord does communicate with His people—and often. The scriptures are the handbook for the language of revelation. They are our personal Liahona. If you will regularly immerse yourself in the scriptures, you'll get clearer, more frequent answers to your prayers."


-Sheri Dew, BYU Devotional, Dec. 09, 2003


-------

I've been thinking about this recently, how the Lord communicates with me, and I thought that she had a wonderful idea. I know that The Lord is always communicating with his children, I just need to learn to recognize it more often. I think that I have found a new scripture marking tool. 

Love always,

Ems
{photo Via}

1 comment:

Natalie said...

love this, you're great emma