Mindless Job Means Lots of Thinking Time

{Via}

So, considering I'm at work for a good 8 or 9 hours every day, and considering the fact that I do a lot of filing at work, and considering that filing does not take a lot of brain power, I have had a considerable amount of time to think about life. That was a very long sentence.

I was recently re-reading letters from a dear friend and he was giving me a few tips on how to figure out if I wanted to go on a mission. He noted that I spend a lot of my time thinking about marriage (truth) and romantic love (truth) and that it might help to stop doing that if I decided I wanted to serve. Anyway, I thought about that for a moment, realized how well he knew me, and then tried to remember a time when I didn't think about those two things. I couldn't really remember a time when I didn't think about them.

Mind you, I have a pretty awful memory, but regardless, for as long as I can remember, I've always dreamed about my wedding and the romantic way in which my husband and I would meet, fall in love, and be married. I'm a bit of an overdramatic hopeless romantic – I always have been. As I've been filing things away, I've obviously been thinking about these things. Especially since Sophia's and Karli's missionaries are returning, and Naomi is getting married, and Rylee is married, and Haylee is pregnant, and the list goes on and on. It's all really exciting, I think, and I'm really happy and excited for all these adorable girls, but it gives me cause to think and daydream. I've not got the slightest idea about what will happen in the upcoming year or months, but I do plan on enjoying whatever life throws at me.

All I really know, is that it is pretty much impossible for me to fall in love without the boy being romantic. And I'm ok with my obsession with romantic love. And I enjoy daydreaming.


Love always,
Ems

1 comment:

Haylee Freeman said...

You're just the cutest! And I have always been so grateful to have a friend who shares my same Jane Austen love even when nobody else was ready to embrace it yet.