Mission Craziness.

 Scott Andrews: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

 Eric Hill: Leaving to Bulgaria next Wednesday

 Josh Coleman: Indonesia

Skyping with Adam Kent: Frankfurt, Germany
(please notice how many people are crammed in our tiny screen)

 Jace Bayles: Paraguay, Joey Eddington: Ogden, Utah,  
Zack Jarvis: Birmingham,  Alabama, Scott Carter: Japan

My Best Friend. 

The past few weeks have been filled with mission craziness. This means I attended six mission call openings and it was a bit of an overload. See, as a mormon girl attending BYU, you have a great freshman year and then, you have no friends because they all leave on missions. Which, don't get me wrong, is amazing and so good, but it's also kinda difficult.

The hardest mission opening for me was that of Zack Jarvis' last week. I told him I was going to cry and there were definitely a good amount of tears shed. It was an emotional night because I'm so proud of him and all he's done to get that call in his hands but, at the same time, I'm going to miss him like crazy. Few other people understand me in the way that Zack does. He knows every single side of me and has always been there for me and thinking about replacing him is an impossible thought. I don't think it can be done. 

At the same time, I can't fully express the gratitude and joy all these boys bring me. All the mission call craziness shows me how truly blessed I am. These boys are the boys that I went to high school with and they are some of the best boys that I know- if not the very best. They have all taught me so much and I can't imagine my life without them. I'm so proud of them and I know that they will all make amazing missionaries. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for them. 

Love always,
Ems 

2 comments:

Karli said...

This made me almost cry. :) I'm hurting for you. He doesn't have to be replaced. and letters make everything better. :) I'm here to talk if you ever need it. Dead serious.

Kyla Makay said...

Oh, dear... So sad. : (
My two best friends are away at Bible college {Word of Life Bible Institute} in Argentina... it's rough.
♥Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com